Well, today was a slow and kicked back day for us. We got a late start this morning, but I got all my postcards written. Then we dedicated the day to shopping, essentially. We walked down Via Nazionale near our hotel and then had lunch in a cafe while it poured down rain. I had a seafood salad, fanta (soda that tastes like sprite and orange juice mixed), and a fabulous strawberry cream pastry for dessert. We stopped back at the hotel for a bit and then took the metro over to the Spanish Steps area to do a bit more shopping. I now have something for all of my nieces, Dad and Shelley (my faithful dog sitter). We had dinner at a restaurant called Le Sorrelle which had fabulous food but slower than molasses service. hmm. Anyway, it was a really rainy day, but we just kept plugging along and did just fine. It's a privilege to be rained on in Roma!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment